TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER TACTICS is pleased to offer an educational program in partnership with Business Valuation Resources, Inc.
Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grants now represent the largest source of early stage funding for innovative research and development projects. In this 75-minute program, Dr. Kris Johansen, SBIR/STTR Program Administrator for Iowa State University’s Office of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer, will bring much needed business and valuation clarity to the nuances of SBIR/ STTR programs.
Dr. Johansen will cover what every entrepreneur, intellectual property manager, investor, university and private researcher/scientist needs to know about SBIR/STTR grants, including:
- Description of SBIR/STTR Programs:
- How SBIR and STTR grants function, who they’re meant to serve, and how they are issued
- Program eligibility requirements
- Agency differences
- Examples of real-life experiences with SBIR/STTR
- Understand the nuances and challenges of the application processes and what these obstacles mean for project funding
- Submission & Review Processes
- Tips for Successful Applications
- Advice on how to plan the number and timing of solicitations
- Understand the different types of potential awards Learn the best practices for acquiring SBIR/STTR grants as well as how to use the application process to your advantage
PLUS! Key facets of the SBIR/ STTR programs will be discussed in terms of program phases, eligibility requirements, and distinguishing – projecting participating agencies research needs and avoiding common pitfalls.
The program training pack, includes the conference recording, transcript, and handouts!
The training pack allows you to hear every word from the original webinar — as many times as you’d like, whenever and wherever you’d like. The training packs includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aides and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters