The Global Biomarker Partnering 2010-2016: Deal trends, players, financials and forecasts report provides comprehensive understanding and unprecedented access to the biomarker partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
- Trends in biomarker partnering deals
- Biomarker partnering agreement structure
- Biomarker partnering contract documents
- Top biomarker deals by value
- Most active biomarker dealmakers
The Global Biomarker Partnering 2010-2016 report provides comprehensive understanding and unprecedented access to the biomarker partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter biomarker partnering deals. The majority of deals are discovery or development stage whereby the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors biomarker technology. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner’s negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered – contract documents provide this insight where press releases do not.
This report contains over 650 links to online copies of actual biomarker deals and contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
The report takes readers through the comprehensive biomarker deal trends, key players and top deal values allowing the understanding of how, why and under what terms companies are currently entering biomarker partnering deals.
The report presents average financial deal terms values for biomarker deals, where available listing by overall headline values, upfront payments, milestones and royalties enabling readers to analyse and benchmark the value of current deals.
The middle section of the report explores the leaders in the biomarker partnering field; both the leading deal values and leading players are reported allowing readers to see who is succeeding in this growing market. This chapter also looks at the contributions by the big pharma and big biotech companies of the world in terms of deals made.
Biomarker Partnering Terms and Agreements is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to biomarker trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Global Biomarker Partnering 2010-2016 includes:
- Trends in biomarker dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2010
- Analysis of biomarker deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Case studies of real-life biomarker deals
- Access to several biomarker contract documents
- The leading biomarker deals by value since 2010
- Most active biomarker dealmakers since 2010
- The leading biomarker partnering resources
In Global Biomarker Partnering 2010-2016, the available contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy target
Each deal title links via weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The Global Biomarker Partnering 2010-2016 report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 650 biomarker deals. Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise biomarker rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?