These six programs – including a special 4-hour presentation – focus on the many significant changes wrought by the America Invents Act, as well as the implications of two critical Supreme Court decisions with profound impact on patent protection and claim drafting for university innovations. Featuring many of the country’s leading IP attorneys, this collection will provide a deep understanding of the changing legal landscape, as well as strategies for adapting your patent protection strategies in light of both AIA and evolving case law.
Topics in Tech Transfer: Patent Law
includes these 6 outstanding sessions:
(Click on each title for more program information)
1. Life Under AIA: Anticipating and Surviving Post Grant Challenges. Get a detailed review of the post-grant review provisions, their likely impact, remaining uncertainties as the USPTO deals with implementation, and strategies to begin planning for now in both patent drafting and responding effectively to post-grant actions.
2. Moving from First to Invent to First to File: Understanding the Opportunities and Challenges. In this nuts and bolts program, Charles Macedo will expertly guide you through the conversion to the new system and clarify the opportunities and challenges TTOs and others will face in the transition and beyond.
3. In-Depth Analysis of Mayo v. Prometheus: What it Means for the Future of Medical Diagnostic Patents. Our expert attorney will dissect the Court’s decision and help you understand how to adjust your patent strategy in light of this development.
4. Elimination and Creation of Defenses in the Wake of AIA. Gain a solid understanding of what changes in the AIA defense options mean for your organization and its IP portfolio, and what you must do to adapt while ensuring your valuable innovations continue to be optimally managed and protected.
5. Understanding Obviousness in a Post-KSR World. Get a break down on the the obviousness standard – including the many developments after the initial KSR ruling — and learn how to best prepare your patent applications to defend against validity concerns and challenges.
6. Patent Reform Update. A two-part session, focusing first on the specifics of the new law, and then on the strategies needed to apply it successfully.
Stretch your professional development
budget with this 6-session series
To make this outstanding collection most useful to you and your organization, with your purchase you receive:
- All programs on DVD
- On-Demand Video access to all programs
- PDF Transcripts to all programs
- Access to all of the original program materials including slideshows and handouts for attendees
Share the materials throughout your organization! For just $497 for all 6 of these outstanding programs, it’s the most cost-effective training you can get!