Web-based marketing is an essential, low cost component to any TTO’s marketing plan. If you’re not incorporating search engine marketing and optimization, email, social marketing, and other valuable web marketing channels into your overall strategy, you’re missing out on golden opportunities to promote and license your organization’s technologies.
That’s why Technology Transfer Tactics and Intellectual Property Marketing Advisor have teamed up with a duo of web marketing veterans – an SEO, SEM and website expert and an email marketing guru – to bring you a practical, strategy-filled 90-minute webinar:
Selling University IP In Cyberspace: Best Practices In Web-Based Marketing For Tech Transfer Professionals
In this how-to session, you’ll learn detailed tactics and techniques to turn your website and electronic marketing efforts into valuable tools for building your TTO’s brand, generating leads, and getting your IP if front of more licensee “eyeballs” — so you can sign more deals.
- How to take your website from being a “lay-over” to a “destination”
- What key words and phrases may actually hurt your marketing performance
- Proven methods to drive up licensing revenue through vertical marketing, organic and paid SEO and SEM, and e-mail
- How to use blogs, podcasts, video, RSS feeds and other content-rich methods to increase your online results
- How to create and implement a solid web marketing plan
- How to identify the weak links in your website
- Valuable tips on how to grow and maintain your e-mail marketing list
- Compliance rules for steering clear of anti-spam laws
- Creative web and e-mail layout tips and testing strategies
Meet Your Faculty:
Stoney deGeyter, a pioneer in search engine optimization who developed the concept of “Destination” SEM. He is founder and president of Reno, NV-based Pole Position Marketing, a leading search engine marketing business. Stoney regularly posts his SEO and business insights at the E-Marketing Performance (EMP) blog, where you can also find his e-books: E-Marketing Performance: Effective Strategies For Building, Optimizing and Marketing Your Website Online; and Keyword Research and Selection: The Definitive Guide to Gathering, Sorting and Organizing Your Keywords Into a High-Performance SEO Campaign. In addition to his duties at Pole Position Marketing, Stoney is associate editor at Search Engine Guide, where he writes frequently on SEO, website architecture and usability.
Lisa Girolamo is director of interactive marketing for Pixel Bridge, a full-service web marketing firm in Boston. Lisa has been planning and executing interactive marketing strategies for more than a decade with a wide variety of clients including Comcast, Black & Decker Corporation, and the University of Notre Dame), translating marketing and business goals into robust, ROI-driven online experiences. Prior to joining Pixel Bridge, she served as manager of interactive services at Blitz Media. She is a contributing writer for About.com’s Online Advertising Guide and is a member of the Executive Committee for the Boston Interactive Media Association.