Royalty Rates for Technology 6th Edition contains more information on pricing of licensed technology than in any other publication – and 21% more than the previous edition. This unique reference reports all available compensation terms from actual completed license agreements. Throughout its 585 pages you’ll find ALL the details on technology royalty rates, license fees, and milestone payments — and information about infringement damage awards and settlements. For each transaction you’ll discover:
- A description of the licensed technology
- Compensation terms including royalty rates and license fees
- Identity of the licensor and licensee
Market analysis and benefits of the licensed technology
Royalty Rates for Technology contains royalty rate information for the following industries:
|Aeronautics & Defense
|Electrical & Energy
Food & Beverage
Financial Models for Determining Royalty Rates
In this information packed resource you’ll also get detailed guidance on calculating royalty rates. You’ll find straightforward descriptions and guidance on different models used in calculating royalty rates and valuation:
- Proper Use of Simple Rules of Thumb explains how to properly apply simple yet powerful pricing models, and where many licensing execs go wrong.
- Infringement Damages Analysis can determine a reasonable royalty as the difference between profits expected from infringing sales and a normal industry profit level. We show you an equation to help summarize this approach.
- Investment Rate of Return Analysis requires consideration of the profits expected from exploitation of the various assets of a business including the technology that will be licensed. See how a fair rate of return for use of a specific patent can be derived and expressed as a royalty rate.
- Discounted Cash Flow Analysis is an excellent model for valuing and pricing technology. We show you how it captures forecasts, capital spending, and R&D expenses, along with other development costs, all in one analysis yielding an appropriate royalty rate.
Also included in this new 6th edition is a section describing recommended techniques and strategies for assuring that you get the royalty payments you deserve. This chapter is written by royalty audits expert Debora Rose Stewart, CPA, Managing Director of Invotex Group.
Targeted reports from this book are also available
- If your interest is focused primarily on hardware, software, internet, semiconductor, or communications technologies, you can access the valuable data from Royalty Rates for Technology at a much lower price than the larger volume. Click here for more details >>
- If your interest is focused primarily on the medical device industry, you can access the valuable data from Royalty Rates for Technology at a much lower price than the larger volume. Click here for more details >>