Technology Transfer Tactics Best Practices Compendium
Published by Tech Transfer Central
Publication Date: 2014
The Technology Transfer Tactics BEST PRACTICES COMPENDIUM is chock-full of how-to strategies and proven best practices covering a comprehensive range of the most critical challenges facing tech transfer professionals.
Best TTO Practices Revealed!
This 492-page resource offers a cost-effective way to learn from successful tactics and programs developed and implemented by colleagues at tech transfer offices across the country. With this comprehensive reference you’ll boost your programs results with unprecedented access to proven best practices implemented by dozens of top TTOs.
Here’s just a small fraction of the articles you’ll benefit from:
- Best practices to make your next technology showcase a blockbuster success
- Temple uses LinkedIn to help get promising IP into start-up mode
- Coordinated PR effort lands university TTOs on the front page
- Pocket-sized ‘coaching card’ helps inventors when pitching
Contracting and Licensing
- Novel sponsored research agreement model is a hit with corporations
- Careful drafting can head off the perils of sublicensing
- Ready-to-sign licensing boosts deal flow, gets dormant IP off the shelf
- Evaluation license allows a trial period to “test drive” technologies
- TTOs often walk a fine line when negotiating rights to improvements
- Express licenses: Craft realistic standards that fit your mission, needs
- Use a Negotiating Scorecard to guide your assessment of deal terms
Faculty Outreach and Education
- In unique patent cost-sharing pilot, USF invites faculty to kick in funds
- Site miners dig out IP gems and harvest new tech transfer opportunities
- Purdue’s OTC creates new service to help app developers get to market
- Keep innovative ideas coming with a well-crafted inventor recognition effort
Operations and Staffing
- Diligence practices key to capturing misreported, underreported royalties
- Model for right-sizing TTO staff generates cost savings
- Reporting templates generate higher licensee compliance, stronger data
- Measure transactional efficiency to get more bang for your budget bucks
- Structured intern program helps eliminate backlog of invention disclosures
- Innovation scorecard helps TTOs to identify strengths, weaknesses
Portfolio Management, Assessment and Triage
- Tough love sometimes best for non-performing patents
- TTO advisory panels: Best practices to optimize success
- “Roadmap” helps educate faculty inventors and supports rigorous IP review
- Emory’s multi-stage triage process ensures all technologies get equal consideration
- Decision matrix offers more objective basis for go/no-go decisions
- Universities inject scientific process into the business of start-up creation
- The lean start-up: Will it work for your TTO?
- ‘Nail it and scale it’ approach underlies new collaboration at Ohio
- U-Minn nurtures early-stage start-ups with Internal Business Units
- Pre-incubation programs enhance start-up successes, weed out likely losers
- Gap funding program uses convertible debt structure, seeks rapid ROI
- Venture philanthropy could ease tech transfer funding crunch
- University-VC partnerships open new roads for start-ups
- How to set up a proof of concept fund: The dos and don’ts
- Unique model pools angel funds to invest in university’s research
- Jumpstart industry-sponsored research by reducing IP-related barriers
- Co-development model aims to attract more industry
- TTO’s partnership model set to ramp up medical device commercialization
Policies & Procedures
- In policy shift, tech transfer activity will factor into tenure at U of Arizona
- Purdue policy deems “automatic reconveyance” after six months
- Conflict of interest program aims to allay faculty fears, encourage start-ups
- IP policy shifts at major universities get rave reviews from corporate partners
- Universities seek broader approaches to student IP rights
Patent and Legal Issues
- ‘Quick and dirty’ provisionals can come back to haunt your TTO under the AIA
- Carnegie Mellon plays hardball with patent infringement and wins big
- TTOs have a role to play in handling of litigation hold memoranda
- U Hawaii OTT realizes significant savings in legal expenses
- ‘Ecosystem’ is the magic word in economic development strategy
- Spin-ins: Another way to boost revenues and support local economic development
- TTOs put economic development high on priority list
You get all this and dozens of additional best practice-filled articles in this one-of-a-kind compendium. To view the entire table of contents, CLICK HERE.
Save $50 when you order TODAY!
Now is the perfect time to purchase the Technology Transfer Tactics BEST PRACTICES COMPENDIUM! This 500-page resource is available at the discounted rate of $349 – that’s a savings of $50 off the regular price.
The compendium is available for instant PDF download – get both the PDF and the print version for your library for an additional $50.
Guarantee of Quality and Value
We stand 100% behind the quality and value of our our products. If you are dissatisfied, simply let us know and we will send you an immediate refund of your entire registration fee — no questions asked.