Introducing … the monthly newsletter filled with expert guidance and practical, how-to strategies for technology transfer professionals!
Finally, here’s a publication providing solutions to the every-day challenges so prevalent in technology transfer. We recognize the vital importance tech transfer professionals play in the often frantic, understaffed, overloaded, but ultimately exciting and rewarding research commercialization process.
Each issue covers the real-world problems, delicate issues, and high-stakes opportunities you grapple with daily. Our veteran journalists go behind the scenes to bring you detailed, actionable information and advice with a very specific and single-minded goal: To help you find, develop, license, and bring to market your organization’s valuable intellectual property.
Technology Transfer Tactics provides in-depth guidance designed to hasten and streamline the commercialization process, as well as maximize the financial benefits of that process for your organization.
Every article is results-oriented and carefully crafted to bring you useable tactics in every key area of the tech transfer challenge:
- Increase the flow of innovations and invention disclosures
- Solidify relationships with researchers and industry partners
- Market your IP more effectively to corporations and investors
- Implement improved valuation methods and models
- Strengthen licensing, royalty, and joint venture agreements
- Evaluate and prioritize IP for commercial potential
- Improve patent decision-making and prosecute patents efficiently
- Tighten post-license performance monitoring
- Develop and manage lucrative spin-outs and start-ups
- Find and win more grants and tap into outside funding sources
- Assure compliance with regulations and prevent legal disputes
In every monthly issue of Technology Transfer Tactics:
Case studies • Best Practices • Expert Guidance • How-to Strategies
“Mining” for IP
Detecting research with commercial potential • evaluating invention disclosures • prioritizing projects • outreach efforts
Finding partners and investors • Networking and presentations * Internal marketing to researchers, staff • Web strategies • Branding • Road shows
Contract provisions and protections • Royalty structures • Performance monitoring • Milestones • Sub-licenses • MTAs • Equity arrangements
Decision-making and prosecution • Enforcement • Litigation • Commercial feasibility • Working with outside counsel • Legal developments
Start-ups and spin-outs
Management and leadership • governance • funding • culture clashes
Methods and models • benchmarks • comparables • NPVs • Managing expectations
Grants • venture capital • angel investors • corporate partnerships • government funding
Legal and regulatory issues
Compliance • assignment • termination • informed consent • disclosure • confidentiality • indemnification and warrantees
Staffing • budgeting • workload issues • incentives • communication • time management