Tech Transfer Central

Job Listings

Technology Licensing Associate, Physical Sciences, at MIT


TECHNOLOGY LICENSING ASSOCIATE, PHYSICAL SCIENCESOffice of Strategic Alliances and Technology Transfer (OSATT)-Technology Licensing Office (TLO), to work under the direct supervision of technology licensing officers to administer and manage information and activities related to intellectual property (IP) portfolios. General responsibilities will include data validation, data entry, drafting basic clauses in some agreements (non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), joint invention agreements (JIAs)), managing administrative aspects of IP portfolios, and relationship building with MIT’s research community and external stakeholders such as licensees and research sponsors. 

Job Requirements

REQUIRED: a bachelor’s degree in the physical sciences or a bachelor’s degree in a non-technical field with demonstrated scientific/technical experience; at least one year of relevant experience; excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills for effectively interacting with MIT faculty and students, departmental and administrative staff, lawyers, and corporate representatives; attention to detail; and excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.  Seek a self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and a high-volume workload in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment; evaluate issues and develop innovative solutions in a timely and accurate manner; clearly package, articulate, and deliver solutions to help meet a challenging variety of complex business, legal, interpersonal, and inter-organizational issues; collaborate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people; work independently; and exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of all work assignments.  PREFERRED:  knowledge of marketing strategies and patent work.  Job #21662-7

This is a two-year appointment (benefits-eligible).

All qualified applicants must confirm their U.S citizenship or legal permanent resident status.

Click here for more details or to apply >>